Bay Oil is obtained from the leaves of Bay tree. It is native to Sri Lanka. It is growing in many areas including South America & Burma but is now harvested mostly in Morocco and Spain. Bay tree can grow any soil at suitable temperature of between 20-30 c. It grows up to 30 feet with long–pointed leaves.
Extraction : Bay oil is extracted from the leaves of bay tree by the method of steam distillation.
Properties : Bay oil has spicy aroma with deep golden yellow in color.
Blending : Bay oil blends well with benzoin, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, cloves, coriander, Cardamom oil, Frankincense, Rosemary and Thyme.
- Bay oil has antimicrobial & cancer fighting properties.
- It has been found to prove a good anti-inflammatory agent.
- It is helpful in the treatment of Diabetes.
- Urinary tract infection is very common in hospitals & other places. Bay oil may be able to help preventing urinary tract infection
- Bay oil is mostly used in Pharma and food products
- It is very good Insect repellent.
- Usually Bay oil is used to care for toothache and fight bad breath.
- As a cheap fragrance it is added to soap and insecticides.
- Bay oil is suitable for the use in skincare products.
- Bay oil is used in bar soap, facial moisturizer, Shampoo, hand cream, hair conditioner, skin treatment, lip balm and toothpaste.
- Food and Flavoring Uses
- Bay oil is culinary spice it is used as a condiment.
- It is also used as a flavoring agent for seasoning and savory snacks.
Safety & Precautions :
- Check for and remove any contact lenses. If it happens, so straight away flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 10 minutes and get medical attention.
- If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.