Extraction : It is obtained by steam distillation of flowering dry herbs of oregano plant.
Properties : Oregano oil has a powerful, spicy aroma and is pale yellow in color and viscosity in medium to watery.
Components : The main chemical components are carvacrol, thymol, p-cymene, cis-ocimene, caryophyllene and linalool.
- Organic Oregano Essential Oil is considered to be "nature's cure all" due to high carvacol and thymol content.
- It is used to treat itches, skin infections, cuts and wounds in topical applications
- Owing to its anti-inflammatory properties it is effective against swelling and pain caused by rheumatism.
- Oregano Oil is useful in blends to treat symptoms associated with colds, flues, bronchitis and other respiratory ailments.
- It can even be rubbed on a toothache to relieve pain.
- It provides relief in insect bites.
- Owing to its anti-microbial properties are said to assist in the prevention of infections and to treat skin fungi such as athlete's foot.
- It has also been used to eliminate lice infestations and intestinal worm
- It can also be used as a fragrance component in soaps, colognes and perfumes, especially men's fragrances.
- Its properties are antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties.